Learn More About Your Privacy Rights
Paradox Resort Phuket (“Hotel”) realizes the importance of personal data protection and have supervision and management of personal data of customers, service users and business partners (referring to as “You” or “Data Subject”) whether collecting, using, disclosing and/or transferring (referring to as “Data Processing”) and to comply with the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) B.E. 2562, therefore the hotel has issued this policy which described as follows.
1. Personal Data
1.1 Personal Data means any information relating to a person which enables the identification of such person, whether directly or indirectly (but not including the information of deceased persons in particular) e.g. Title, Name, Family Name, Address, Driving License/ ID card/ Passport issued by the authorized government offices which hotel received when you made any inquiry with hotel, travel agent, booker for getting information, making a reservation, registering either by call, document, correspondence, email or via the website, etc.
1.2 Sensitive Personal Data means any information relating to a particular person which is sensitive and presents significant risks to the person’s fundamental rights and freedoms, which includes data regarding racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, cults, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual behavior, criminal records, health data, disabilities, trade union information, genetic data, and biometric data.
2. Purposes and legal requirements for which the hotel processes your personal data
The hotel may process your personal data for the following purposes.
2.1 Purpose that the hotel operates in accordance with the law
• To perform the contract agreement: when making the contract, inquiry on renting space or office, booking a room, purchasing hotel products and services, to provide such services as per your requests, for example, whether the services are directly provided by the hotel; or outsourced services (such as airport transfers, travel arrangements) This includes guarantee and confirmation of the reservation and stay, identifying and verifying your identity, respond to your service requests and inquiries. Quotation preparation, issuing vouchers, receipts, invoices, payments, and refunds
• For the legitimate interests of the hotel and third parties' business operations. Such benefits are essentially balanced with your fundamental interests and freedoms in the protection of your personal data.
• For the establishment of legal claims compliance or exercise of legal claims or raising up to fight statutory claims, compliance with statutory duties and orders of government agencies such as to operate in accordance with the law including recording and sending of daily arrival reports and the preparation of the hotel guest registration according to the Thai Immigration law requires the proceedings, or orders of government agencies, including government agencies outside Thailand and/or cooperate with courts, regulators, government agencies and law enforcement agencies. Where there is reason to believe that the hotel is obliged to do so and when disclosure of your personal information is necessary to comply with the law proceedings or orders from the government strictly.
• To protect the interests of the hotel, for example, to exercise the rights and protect the interests of the hotel, hotel group or other related parties when necessary and lawful, for example, to detect, prevent and respond to complaints of fraud. Complaints of violation of the law, to manage the Lost and Found, prevent loss of property, to monitor the situation to prevent and report the crime. To maintain the security and integrity of the hotel business, for the prevention or suppression of harm to the life, body, or health of a person
2.2 Purpose that the hotel needs data to prepare and provide the appropriate and comfortable services and facilities, and others
• Health information (e.g. allergies -certain food allergies) in order to provide you with appropriate and comfortable services when staying in a hotel (e.g. to prevent allergy or food allergy).
• Disability information (e.g. hearing impaired, visually impaired, or requiring a wheelchair) to provide appropriate and comfortable services to you e.g. offer a handicapped room for the stay.
• Sensitive personal data from identity documents (e.g. religion, beliefs) for identification and verification purposes, and to provide appropriate and comfortable services to you.
• To improve performance; to assess the services provided by the hotel to you in order to improve the hotel's services and operations.
• To maintain and secure the system, monitor and manage information technology, for example, to identify and verify individuals, to ensure security for customers, staff and hotel contacts.
• For other business purposes such as granting access to hotels, and office areas, implementation of the Lost and Found items, recording and updating and sharing of information data, and data collection of vehicles in and out from the hotel.
• For corporate transactions, such as in the event of a sale, purchase, transfer of business, merger, reorganization or similar transactions The hotel may transfer your personal data to one or more assignees and/or the hotel as part of the transaction. This includes hotels in the Paradox group.
2.3 Purpose that the hotel conducts marketing and communications
For Market Communicating, offerings, special offers, promotional offers, notifications, news releases and information about products and services directly from the hotel. or through agents or hotels in Paradox group.
If the hotel has received your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting our team at email: firstname.lastname@example.org By withdrawing your consent, this will not affect the processing of information that you have already given your rightful consent to the hotel.
In the event that the data subject is restricted by choosing to provide some personal data, this may result in the inability to receive full service from the hotel. Including the hotel may not be able to start or perform the contract, or provide any services.
3. Processing of your personal data
The hotel may process your personal data for the following parties:
Representatives/ agents or other third parties for the business partner of the hotel. The hotel may employ an agent or contractors to provide services on behalf of the hotel or facilitate the delivery of products and services to you hotel may disclose the processing of your personal data to the following third-party service providers or vendors: Airport transfer service provider; Sightseeing tour company or ticket service providers; Developers of infrastructure; Internet/ web/ technical/ software and information technology service providers, Telecommunication and Communications Service Providers; Storage service provider; Freight and logistics; Document storage and/or shredding and cloud services providers; Search service provider and analyze the data Market Survey Service Provider; Campaign and event organizer; Hotel sales representative; Payment service providers – banks - financial institutions - payment system and Identity verification Administrative external providers; and/or health care providers or hospitals
• Consultants, including lawyers or technical experts, or an auditor who checks the hotel business and defends or claims any legal rights
• Government agencies, Law enforcement agencies, Courts, and Officials such as (Immigration Office, District Administrative Office, or Police) to comply with the law, or other legal actions and to comply with statutory or regulatory requirements or to protect the rights of the hotel or when the hotel finds that your actions violate the terms and conditions of the policies of the hotel.
• Third parties assignees of rights and/or duties, in the case of organizational restructuring, a merger, sale, purchase, joint venture, transfer of business, assets or shares, or similar transactions. either partially or completely
4. Retention Period of Personal Data
The hotel will retain your personal data for as long as is necessary for the purpose of processing personal data mentioned in this policy. According to the criteria used to determine the retention period, e.g. the length of time the hotel remains in relationship with you as a customer and may continue to be retained for the period necessary for compliance with the law or the legal term; for the establishment of legal claims, compliance with the law or exercising legal claims or raising the defense of legal claims or for other reasons according to the hotel's internal policies and requirements
In the event that the retention period of personal data cannot be clearly stated, the hotel will retain the information for a period that may be expected in accordance with the standards of collection (general legal age is up to 10 years)
5. Data securing
The hotel sets appropriate measures and is strict in maintaining and securing data according to the hotel's information technology security policies and practices. To prevent the loss, access, destruction, use, alteration or the use of personal information without the right or unlawful
6. Your rights as the subject of personal data
As a Personal Data Subject, you have the rights mentioned in the Personal Data Protection Act B.E. 2562 as follows:
6.1 Right to withdraw consent
You have the right to withdraw your consent for the processing of your personal data that you have given consent to the hotel. Unless your revocation of consent is limited by law or contract. As the Personal Data Subject, the revocation of consent will not affect the lawful processing of personal data for which you have already given your rightful consent to the hotel.
6.2 Right to request access and obtain a copy of personal data
You have the right to request access to and obtain a copy of your personal data which is under the responsibility of the hotel, or request the hotel to disclose the acquisition of your personal data if you have not given consent.
6.3 The right to obtain or have the transmission or transfer of personal data
You have the right to obtain your personal data from the hotel, or ask the hotel to transmit or transfer your personal data directly to another personal data controller.
6.4 Right to object to the collection, use or disclosure of personal data
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data unless such processing is required by law.
6.5 Right to request removal or destruction or make personal data non-personally identifiable.
You have the right to request the hotel to delete or destroy or make personal data non-identifiable to the data subject, according to the law.
6.6 Right to request suspension of the use of personal data
You have the right to request the hotel to suspend the process of your personal data according to law.
6.7 Right to request correction of personal data to be accurate, up to date, complete and without causing misunderstandings
You have the right to request the hotel update, and correct your personal data so that such personal data is accurate, up to date, complete, and does not cause misunderstandings.
6.8 Right to be informed of any amendments to the Personal Data Protection Policy
The hotel will provide updated notice through the appropriate hotel notice channel.
6.9 Right to complain
You have the right to lodge a complaint against a competent official under the Personal Data Protection Act B.E. 2562 if the hotel violates or fails to comply with the said Act. In the event that the Personal Data Subject submits a request to exercise their rights under the provisions of the Personal Data Protection Act B.E. 2562 when the hotel has received such request, it will be handled within the time specified by law.
In addition, the hotel reserves the right to refuse or object to such requests as required by law, and the denial of objection with reason will be recorded.
7. Contact us
Paradox Resort Phuket
509 Patak Road, Karon Muang, Phuket 83000
Tel: 076 683 350
Announced on May 31, 2022
Siam Resort Co., Ltd.
(Management of Paradox Resort Phuket)